Iain has over thirty-five years’ experience in commercial property, advising a diverse range of clients including SMEs, owner-managed businesses, charities and private individuals on the management of their property portfolios. He has particular expertise in advising rural and landed estates, and acts for nationally known estates as well as smaller estates and farms.
Iain was formerly Deputy Managing Partner and subsequently Head of the Property Group at Thomas Eggar LLP, which merged with Irwin Mitchell in 2016. Iain is also a former Chair of GDB (Gatwick Diamond Business Association.
- Acting for a nationally known rural estate on the restructuring of its business operations
- Acting for a landed estate on the property aspects of a tax restructuring
- Acting for a large landowner family on the sale of an estate for £21 million
- Acting for a football club on the grant of a lease and licences of a new football stadium and related facilities
- Acting for landowners on the simultaneous sale of two neighbouring farms to different purchasers
- Acting for a company on a complex sale of its rural estate for several million pounds.