Emma specialises in white collar crime and regulatory work and has worked almost exclusively in the field of financial crime and regulatory law for the past 12 years.
She specialises in defending individuals in complex and large scale commercial fraud and financial crime matters being pursued by the full range of prosecutors including SFO, CPS Special Cases and HMRC. She also has extensive experience of complex restraint and confiscation matters.
Emma also advises individuals and companies in relation to a range of regulatory matters on a contentious and non-contentious basis. She has experience in representing clients within the road transport industry, particularly in relation to DVSA investigations and Traffic Commissioner Public Inquiries.
- A number of CPS Prosecutions arising out of the Individual Learning Account Scheme.
- SFO Prosecutions of advance fee frauds and boiler room frauds.
- Property franchise frauds prosecuted by CPS Special Cases.
- HMRC £200m money laundering prosecution.
- Advising individuals and companies in relation to bribery and corruption allegations.