Andrew is a Partner and the Head of our Sheffield Real Estate team. He is also the National Head of our Housing, Student Accommodation and PRS Sector. He advises on all types of real estate transactions, and has particular experience in major portfolio acquisitions and disposals.
Andrew’s commercial focus and approachability put him in good stead to manage our relationships with key real estate clients.
He specialises in complex development and regeneration projects, and the legal processes involved in them. These often involve forward funding agreements and joint ventures between developers, landowners and businesses.
His past projects include a variety of property types, such as:
- Large scale student accommodation
- High-value residential accommodation
- Regeneration projects
- Mixed-use developments
Andrew provides advice on all legal aspects of site acquisition and assembly, investment and finance, legal structures and exit strategies.
- Worked on the redevelopment of Wards Brewery into a mixed use residential, retail and business property.
- Advised an investment fund on the refurbishment, development and management of their £400m portfolio. This is made up of student and mixed use developments across the UK.
- Worked on the £417.5m sale of the Ardent portfolio. This was the year’s largest student accommodation deal in the UK.
- Advised the landowner and development partner on Chesterfield Council’s Waterside regeneration project. This had a development value of over £350m.
- Advised the landowner and developer on the DurhamGate project. This was the North East’s largest regeneration project.
"I am absolutely delighted that these transactions have exchanged and particularly grateful to you for the especially hard work and technical expertise displayed at all times. This at times has had many challenges and 'curve balls' which were all dealt with by you and your team with unwavering professionalism and a 'can do' attitude." - Mark Sennett, Dartmoor Capital.