0370 1500 100

Food Poisoning Concerns Related To Nottingham Takeaway

Customers ‘Suffer Illness’ After Eating Meals From The Khyber Pass


Despite three positive reviews on the traveller review site TripAdvisor,  a number of customers have claimed they suffered gastric illness after eating meals from The Khyber Pass takeaway on Gregory Boulevard in the Hyson Green area of Nottingham, according to reports.

The Nottingham Post reports that 1 customer has been hospitalised with illness.  It has been reported that in total 13 people have had stool tests taken in order to attempt to confirm the cause of their illnesses following purchases from the takeaway.

Samples were also taken from the site and anyone affected by illness has been asked to seek medical advice.

The newspaper has added that the takeaway was visited by council officers and has been closed following a Magistrates ruling.   Paul Dales of Community Protection said: “We have been notified about thirteen people who have been admitted to QMC with food poisoning symptoms.

"We have established that the common connection between the affected people, from different households, is that they ate food from the Khyber Pass take-away on Gregory Boulevard, Hyson Green.

“Our officers have gone to the premises to assess the situation and have taken the decision to close it down temporarily under an emergency order, so that further investigations can take place. Tests will be carried out to establish what type of food poisoning we are dealing with.

“In the meantime, if anyone thinks they may have been affected by this, they should seek medical advice in the first instance and contact us on 0115 876 1488.”

If you or a loved one has suffered food poisoning due to poor hygiene standards, our personal injury claim  team could help you claim compensation. Visit our Food Poisoning Claims page for more information.

Expert Opinion
It is very worrying to see these reports emerge and the priority at present is to ensure that anyone affected is able to get the medical advice and support they need.

"Our work on behalf of victims of illness outbreaks both here in the UK and abroad means we understand the huge impact that gastric illness can have on those affected – often leaving people with long-term health problems from which in some cases they may never recover.

"As a result, it is important that issues of this nature are not underestimated and reassurances are given that the problems will not be repeated in the future."
Amandeep Dhillon, Partner

© 2017 Irwin Mitchell LLP is Authorised & Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our Regulatory Information.