Our recently launched television ad ‘expert hand, human touch’ features a range of artwork that was kindly loaned to us by clients from the brain injury charity Headway East London to help showcase some of the excellent pieces of art that they produce.
You can win one of the pieces of artwork featured in our ad through our social media competition on Facebook and Twitter that will run from Monday 17 October until Monday 31 October 2016.
All you have to do is watch our advert and spot how many different pieces of Headway East London client artwork are featured. The winner will be able to choose a piece of art produced by one of the Headway East London clients, a selection of these are available here.
Submit to Love Studios
Irwin Mitchell has a strong relationship with the charity and we proudly support the excellent work they do to provide assistance for people who have suffered a brain injury.
As part of the support Headway East London provides, they established ‘Submit to Love Studios’ which is based in Hackney, East London. The studio is home to a collective of self-taught artists - all of whom have survived brain injuries - and forms part of the charity's wider day service. The space allows those that have practiced art before and those with a new passion to really develop their skills and express themselves through working on individual and collective mural projects.
Sam Jevon sustained a severe brain injury in a car accident in 2006. Before attending Headway all she could draw was matchstick men but now she has developed her talents and uses black ink to capture people, places and objects in minute detail.
Sam said, “I'm very proud of what I have achieved. Art has given me a lot of confidence and a lot of patience. My art gives me a sense of achievement - you can do something you never knew you could do.”
Nigel Bonnett was a keen footballer before sustaining a brain injury caused by an aneurysm in 1997. He discovered a talent for painting in 2004 when he joined the Headway East London art studio and dream of painting Tottenham Hotspur lifting the Champions’ League trophy, but wonders whether this is a painting he will ever get to do.
Nigel said, “Seeing the artwork other people have made gives you the inspiration to do things for yourself.”
Terms and conditions
- The Promoter of the competition is Irwin Mitchell LLP. The competition is open to individuals resident in the UK and Eire only. Employees and their families of Irwin Mitchell LLP, their associated companies, advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible for entry.
- Employees of any associated competition partners are not eligible for entry.
- The competition is open to all age groups. However, no more than 1 entry can be made by each applicant.
- Entries should be submitted via social media:
• Twitter – entrants should tweet their answers below the post promoting the competition and then rewet the post
• Facebook – entrants should leave a comment on the post promoting the competition and then share the post
- The Promoter does not accept any liability for lost, delayed or incomplete entries.
- All correct entries will be placed into a prize draw to win a piece of artwork created Headway clients
- The competition will be open from Monday 17 October 2016 and the competition will close for entries on Monday 31 October 2016.
- The winner will be notified during November 2016 and will be contacted via social media.
- The winner will be able to choose from a selection of artwork that is available.
- No cash alternative to prizes is available and prizes are non-transferable.
- Promoter: Irwin Mitchell LLP, Riverside East, 2 Millsands, Sheffield S3 8DT.