Losing a loved one is hard enough on all levels, emotionally, practically and financially but this difficult period can be particularly stressful when you or another party contests the will or estate. A will, trust or estate dispute is increasingly common as family networks become more complex. Contesting a will, whether you are bringing the claim or are on the receiving end, is never an easy process and we know how difficult this can be for you and your family.
At Irwin Mitchell we will fight fearlessly to achieve the best outcome for you. We’re renowned for our understanding of the issues affecting you and your family at this time, and we know what positive action to take to make a difference. Irwin Mitchell has considerable expertise of mediation to enable these disputes to be resolved quickly and sensitively. Our specialist lawyers offer the highest level of professionalism and expertise, combined with dedication and sensitivity. Above all, we put you first.
Get Sensitive Advice From Our Specialist Will Disputes Team
There are a number of reasons as to why will disputes arise. The most common reasons are:
- The deceased should have made additional provision for you
- Someone is claiming that the deceased should have made additional provision for them
- The deceased did not have the appropriate mental capacity when they made the Will
- Someone coerced the deceased into making the Will
- The Will was not signed properly according to the correct legal formalities
- The deceased made promises to you
- Disputes between, or with, Executors
- There is a factual error in the Will
- The Will has been lost
If you feel that one of these reasons apply to your case, then you should speak to a specialist solicitor immediately. When you contact Irwin Mitchell, we will give you clear advice about the reasons which apply in your case.
What You Can Expect When You Choose Irwin Mitchell For Your Will Dispute Case
Our national presence gives us the strength to help clients from across the country to contest a will. You get the peace of mind of dealing with one of the UK’s most experienced teams. Choose us to handle your claim and you will have direct access to specialists and you will benefit from:
- Access to a 24 hours 7 days a week legal helpline to deal with your enquiry
- A range of funding options to suit you, including our ‘No Cost to You’ scheme
- Access to specialist Counsel and Mediators
Our Promises To You
- You will deal with friendly and professional lawyers
- Our team are recognised will, trusts and estate dispute experts, so you will benefit from our expert knowledge of contested wills and estates
- We will always work with your best interests at heart
- We will immediately start to investigate your claim
- You can meet us to discuss your case at a time and place that suits you
- We will give you clear, honest and straightforward advice
We Are Committed To Helping People
We support and work with a number of organisations on behalf of their members to provide legal guidance on will disputes. You can find out about some of the charities and groups that we support by visiting their websites:
The levels of expertise and support we provide to clients has been recognised with all our senior team becoming members of ACTAPS (the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists), which requires over 5 years experience of specialising in this area.
Louise Sykes, partner, heads up the team is a valued member of the ACTAPS committee.
Can We Help?
For specialist and initial free advice on contesting a will or defending yourself against a claim, simply make an online enquiry. Alternatively call us 24 hours 7 days a week to discuss your claim with our legal helpline, in confidence and with no obligation.
* Subject to entering into a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement in conjunction with our Allianz Support4Disputes insurance policy and complying with your responsibilities under its terms.