Turning the Page is a writing competition organised by Irwin Mitchell Solicitors in conjunction with KIDS.
1. The Promoter of the competition is Irwin Mitchell Solicitors. The competition is open to individuals resident in the UK and Eire only. Employees and their families of Irwin Mitchell Solicitors, their
associated companies, advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible for entry.
2. The competition is open to all age groups. However, no more than one entry can be made by each applicant.
3. Age Categories
- 5 – 11 (All entrants must be 11 or under as at 6 March 2014)
- 12 – 17 (All entrants must be 17 or under as at 6 March 2014)
- Over 18s
4. All entries must be original copy by the submitting author and must not have been published previously in any format. The Promoter reserves the right to request evidence of such authorities or consents.
a) Entries should be submitted via the competition website www.irwinmitchell.com/turningthepage, the freepost address as detailed on the flyer or via Facebook at: www.facebook.com/irwinmitchellsolicitors.
b) Entries from entrants aged under 17 must include approval of a parent or guardian on the online entry form to confirm the competition rules have been adhered to. If posting, parents or guardians must sign and date the written story or poem.
c) The Promoter does not accept any liability for lost, delayed or incomplete entries.
d) All entries must be submitted under an individual’s name.
e) The maximum word limit for entries is 500 words.
6. The judges reserve the right not to make any award if, in their opinion, none of the entries meet the required standard.
7. There will be an overall winner for each age group and a runner up.
8. On submission of entry, contact details must be provided including phone number and email address.
9. Once entries are submitted they cannot be changed.
10. Judges appointed by the Promoter will choose the winners and runners up. The Promoter’s decision on all matters relating to the competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
11. The judges reserve the right in their absolute discretion to declare void any entry.
12. Winners will be notified week commencing 12 May 2014.
13. The entries of all winners and runners up will be kept until after the results are announced and the results together with a selection of the entries will be published.
14. No cash alternative to prizes is available and prizes are non transferable.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to reproduce and exhibit and to license the reproduction and the exhibition of some or all, in whole or part, in all media (now known or hereafter created) of prize-winning entries without the permission of the entrant or copyright owner or payment for such use, but only in connection with the promotion of and publicity for this competition. The moral right of the copyright owner will be acknowledged.
16. Should the Promoter wish to publish the prize-winning entries in a printed format, all proceeds will be donated to KIDS - the competition partner.
17. CLOSING DATE for all entries is 30 April 2014.
18. Promoter: Irwin Mitchell Solicitors, Riverside East, 2 Millsands, Sheffield S3 8DT.
19. Irwin Mitchell respects your privacy and will not pass on your personal data to any third party.