If you have been involved in an accident or sustained a personal injury whilst on holiday, you could make a holiday accident claim.

Irwin Mitchell are experts when it comes to making accident claims abroad. We represent clients who have been involved in accidents or have suffered illnesses whilst holidaying in the UK or overseas.

No two accident claims abroad are the same. That′s why our holiday claims specialists can apply their skills and expertise to your individual circumstances. Covering claims ranging from road, air and sea travel accidents, sporting accidents, trips, falls and even illnesses or general holiday complaints, our holiday claims team can ensure that your claim is handled in the right way.

We know that injuries sustained through the negligence of a third party can cause severe inconvenience and distress. Injuries sustained whilst on holiday are no different, with many of us now outlaying a significant financial sum in order to see the world and enjoy our precious free time.

Regardless of where you are in the world, you would not expect the negligence of a third party to spoil your holiday, be it a weekend European city break, a long-haul annual vacation or a luxury cruise. If your holiday has not lived up to your expectations as a result of the actions of a third party, then contact Irwin Mitchell today to see if you can make an accident claim abroad.

Different Types of Holiday Accident Claims

At Irwin Mitchell Solicitors our expert personal injury claims lawyers cover a wide range of illness and accident claims for which compensation is often awarded. Common types of accident claims abroad for which compensation is usually paid out include:

  • Road Accidents Abroad

    You could make an accident claim abroad for almost any form of road traffic accident that occurs overseas. Whether you are a passenger on a bus or coach or whether you are travelling in your own car or hire vehicle, you may have the right to make a holiday accident claim if you were involved in an accident which occurred through no fault of your own.

    We can also help you to make a holiday accident claim if your road accident happened whilst you were on holiday in the UK.

  • Trips & Falls whilst on Holiday

    If you have sustained an injury as a result of a slip, trip or fall, then you may be able to make an accident claim abroad.

    Our experts can handle a holiday accident claim for a trip, slip and fall in a wide range of locations, including hotels, aircraft, cruise ships or ferries and bars or restaurants. In fact, if you′ve had a trip or fall in any public place while in a foreign country, contact Irwin Mitchell today to see if you can make a holiday accident claim.

  • Aviation Accidents

    If you have been in an accident on board an aircraft, our holiday accident claim experts may be able to help. You may have sustained an injury whilst embarking, disembarking or onboard an aircraft for instance, in which case you may be able to make a claim against the tour operator, airline or aircraft owners. Talk to Irwin Mitchell′s holiday accident claims team who can advise you on making an accident claim abroad

  • Skiing & Sporting Accidents

    Many of us like to enjoy sporting activities during our holiday period. These could be winter sports such as skiing or snowboarding, adventure activities such as diving or hiking as well as more casual activities such as football, tennis or a visit to the gym.

    But even though many of us appreciate an element of risk when undertaking sporting activities, we all expect to be able to enjoy them in a safe environment and we expect the activity organisers or facility owners to ensure our safety. A sporting injury can cause serious hardship as well as loss of enjoyment of your holiday and so if you believe that you have been failed by the owner / organiser in this respect, you should talk to Irwin Mitchell about making a holiday accident claim.

If you have been injured whilst on holiday, or wish to learn more about making an accident claim abroad, contact our holiday accident claims team by filling in our personal injury claim form.

Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.


The above information relates to the law in England and Wales.

* Subject to entering into a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement in conjunction with our Allianz Litigate insurance policy and complying with your responsibilities under its terms.

All Scottish cases will be handled by the Scottish law firm with which we are associated, Irwin Mitchell Scotland LLP. The law relating to funding is different in Scotland and you will receive separate advice about what that means as well as a separate funding agreement.

Call one of our experts free on

0800 056 4110

Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.