1. The Promoter of the competition is Irwin Mitchell LLP. The competition is open to individuals resident in the UK and Eire only. Employees and their families of Irwin Mitchell LLP, their associated companies, advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible for entry.
2. Employees of any associated competition partners (Disability UK) are not eligible for entry.
3. The competition is open to all age groups. However, no more than 1 entry can be made by each applicant.
4. Age Categories
- 17 and under (all entrants must be 17 or under as of 1 December 2014)
- 18 and over (all entrants must be 18 or under as of 1 December 2014)
5. All entries must be an original idea and design by the submitting applicant and must not have been produced or patented previously in any format to the best of the entrant’s knowledge. The Promoter reserves the right to request evidence or to perform independent searches. Where the idea or design is determined not to be original the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw any prize awarded.
a) Entries should be submitted via the competition website (www.irwinmitchell.com/design-for-life) or via post:
REF: Design for Life
Business Development & Communications
b) Entries from entrants aged under 17 must include approval of a parent or guardian on the entry form to confirm the competition rules have been adhered to.
c) The Promoter does not accept any liability for lost, delayed or incomplete entries.
d) All entries must be submitted under an individual’s name.
7. The judges reserve the right not to make any award if, in their opinion, none of the entries meet the required standard
8. The aim is to have a winner for each age group, and one of the winning age group entries will be declared the overall winner.
9. On submission of entry, contact details must be provided including phone number and email address.
10. Once entries are submitted they cannot be changed.
11. Judges appointed by the Promoter will choose the winners. The Promoter’s decision on all matters relating to the competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
12. The judges reserve the right to declare void any entry which they feel in their absolute discretion does not comply with these terms.
13. Winners will be notified during March 2015.
14. The entries of all entrants will be kept until after the results are announced and the results together with a selection of the entries may be published.
15. No cash alternative to prizes is available and prizes are non-transferable.
Prize for the overall winner will be funding provision of no more than £10,000. No cash alternative is available. The overall winner will also receive £500 in gift vouchers and the winner of the other age category will receive £150 in gift vouchers.
16. Entrants grant the Promoter and the competition partners the right to reproduce and exhibit their entries in whole or part, in all media (now known or hereafter created) without any payment for such use, but only in connection with the promotion of and publicity for this competition. Whilst the winner will receive funding for a prototype, and the Promoter may continue to work with the winner in respect of the development of the product, nothing in this agreement grants any right to the Promoter or any third party to produce any product deriving from submitted ideas and all intellectual property and other rights in the product shall remain with the entrant.
17. CLOSING DATE for all entries is 1 December
18. Promoter: Irwin Mitchell LLP, Riverside East, 2 Millsands, Sheffield S3 8DT.