If you’re experiencing issues in your relationship and live, work or have business interests, property or other connections elsewhere than England and Wales, it’s important to get specialist international family law advice from a team experienced in dealing with the complex issues you'll be facing.
At Irwin Mitchell, we have a team of divorce and family law solicitors which includes a Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL), as well as a winner of the IAFL 2016 Award for Young Family Lawyers.
Divorce and family law can vary greatly from country to country. Choosing or ending up with the wrong jurisdiction can have a serious impact on the outcome of your case. Timing can be crucial in international matters and it is important to secure urgent advice from a specialist international lawyer.
Some of our recent cases have involved issues arising in countries as diverse as the UAE, Singapore, Sweden, Monaco, British Virgin Islands, Japan and Canada. We have strong links with lawyers and other professionals around the world and can offer a full service whatever jurisdiction is involved.
Working With Our International Family Law Solicitors
We have extensive experience to help and support you through difficult choices. International law can be complex, but we'll work with you to make the process as simple as possible and keep you updated at every stage. With expertise in all areas of international divorce and family law, we can offer advice in the following areas:
- Orders concerning arrangements for children
- Relocation of children
- Disputes over where to issue divorce proceedings
- Financial claims within multiple countries or jurisdictions
- Pre or post nuptial agreements involving international elements
- Protecting off-shore business interests and trusts
- Property and real estate
- Child abduction
- Tax and revenue implications (arising from transfer of assets offshore or bringing assets onshore)
- Freezing assets to prevent them being moved to another country or jurisdiction.
As one of the UK’s leading law firms, we've helped many clients with international assets and interests.
Our family law team is widely regarded as one of the UK leaders. We specialise in providing expert advice in all areas of family law, including divorces and separations that affect children.
- We have a large team of family law experts based in major cities across England.
- Our experts achieve high rankings in independent guides to the legal profession.
- We’ll explain the process clearly and keep you informed about what’s happening at each stage.
- You’ll get a value-for-money service with clear information about costs, allowing you to manage your outgoings.
- You get the peace of mind of knowing that we’ve helped many others in your situation.
What The Experts Say About Us
We’re regularly ranked highly in the leading independent guides to the legal profession, Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500.
A "top-quality team" that is "very knowledgeable and compassionate" and "provides fantastic advice" - Legal 500, 2016
"Very caring and detailed approach - literally 24/7 client care." and "An amazing team - I fear for anyone who goes up against them." - Chambers & Partners, 2015
"Irwin Mitchell’s family law practice is ‘strong, professional and efficient', and acts for many professionals, such as doctors, dentists, accountants and solicitors." - Legal 500, 2014
Contact Us For Expert Advice
If you need legal advice on any international family law issue, contact us. One of our experts will talk you through your options and help you decide on the best way forward.
We have family law experts based in major cities across the country.
Call us now on 0345 604 4911 or contact us online.
Please note that we don't deal with Legal Aid cases for international family law.