Son And Daughter Search For Answers After Their Mum Dies From Mesothelioma Family Hope Former Factory Workers’ Colleagues Can Help 18.04.2016 A grieving brother and sister are appealing for help after their mum, a former factory worker, died after suffering from an asbestos-related cancer. Cherrill Bradshaw, from Northampton, passed away at the age of just 62 in October 2014 leaving a devastated son Gary and daughter Lisa. They have instructed specialist lawyers from Irwin Mitchell to investigate conditions at three places she worked at to see if a presence of asbestos lead to her being diagnosed with mesothelioma. As part of their investigations, the lawyers urgently want to speak to anyone who worked with Cherrill during a career which included roles firstly as a machinist and then as a supervisor in factories around her local town. The longest part of her working life was spent as a supervisor at Bonella Switches where she was employed from 1979 to 2004. A fire in an adjoining factory at Barratts shoes in the 1980s led to damage at Bonella Switches and Cherrill was part of a team tasked with the clean-up process. Even though not everywhere in the factory suffered damage, dust from the fire spread to all the areas they were required to clean. It was dusty and dirty work and Cherrill had to sweep up and dust down the machines and work benches. Prior to this, in the late 1970s, Cherrill spent a year working as a machinist at both Harville Dresses and Reason & Pickles and looking back after her diagnosis in February 2014 she felt that asbestos may have been present around the pipes in both factories. Kim Barrett, a specialist asbestos lawyer at national law firm Irwin Mitchell, representing Cherrill's children, said: Expert Opinion“We now see on a daily basis the devastating impact exposure to asbestos years ago is having on thousands of people’s lives. “This tragic case has left a son and daughter searching for answers after losing their mum unexpectedly and far too soon. Although we cannot change the past, we can investigate working conditions and see whether Cherrill and other employees were safeguarded from the deadly dust or if more could have been done to keep her safe. “If anyone was employed by these companies and has details on the working conditions and practices in those factories then we’d really like to hear from you.” Kim Barrett, Solicitor It’s now been 18 months since the death of Cherrill but time hasn’t healed the pain and her daughter Lisa feels now is the time for answers. Lisa Tracey Bradshaw, 44, said: “My mum worked very hard all her life, both at home and work, to bring up her children and support her family. “As retirement approached she was suddenly diagnosed with mesothelioma which turned our family upside down and left us devastated. “Watching her last months was incredibly upsetting and the least we now deserve is answers to tell us what caused her to develop such a painful illness. “If you have any information that could help then we’d really appreciate your support.” Anyone who worked at Bonella Switches Ltd, Reasons & Pickles and Harville Dresses Ltd, and has information on the presence of asbestos should email firstname.lastname@example.orgOur expert mesothelioma lawyers will provide you with free initial advice on your compensation claim if you or a loved on has been diagnosed with mesothelioma caused by asbestos exposure. See our Asbestos-Related Disease Claims Guide for more information. Key contact Kim Barrett Solicitor Email Kim Tags Personal Injury Mesothelioma Asbestos Birmingham Kim Barrett Related articles 25.05.2017Mum-of-Two Left Needing Emergency Surgery As Doctors Failed To Diagnose Sepsis 24.05.2017Lawyers Welcome 'Step Forward' In Wahaca Illness Legal Battle 23.05.2017Terminally Ill Hospital Worker Appeals To Former Colleagues After Asbestos Cancer Diagnosis 22.05.2017Former Commercial Manager Appeals To Former Colleagues For Help Following Cancer Diagnosis 22.05.2017Wallsend Road Bridge Asbestos Removal Welcomed 'But Questions Remain'