Illness at Bambu Hotel, Dominican Republic

Hotel illness announcement

03.07.2009

A large proportion of guests staying at the Bambu Hotel in the Dominican Republic are alleged to have been hit by a virulent outbreak of gastric illness after travelling to this hotel in June 2008.

Reports suggest that guests may have been affected by symptoms of suspected food poisoning possibly due to food consumed at this hotel.

Holidaymakers complain of insects including cockroaches have been seen in the hotel restaurant and allege that the hotel was maintained to a poor standard with severe failures in hygiene.

Irwin Mitchell has received enquiries from guests affected by this recent incident and would urge anyone who has experienced similar problems to come forward.