National House Builders Council. The NHBC provide a ten year warranty against major structural defects for new properties.
- Highly contagious.
- Incubation period is between 12 - 48 hours.
- Symptoms include diarrhoea, abdominal pain, fever, nausea and frequent projectile vomiting.
- Can lead to long term symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
- Diagnosis by stool sample is possible, but difficult.
- Typically transmitted via the faecal - oral route and by the vomit - oral route.
- In the context of holiday claims, Norwalk virus is most commonly linked with cruise ships. This may be due to the close living quarters, common food and drink being freely available and circulation amongst infected crew members as well as passengers.