Don’t Worry About Legal Costs
Contacting us for initial advice on your claim will cost you nothing – even our phone number is free to call.
If we advise you to make a claim with us, we will review all the options for funding it.
Options For Funding Your Claim
There are a number of ways to fund your case. These include:
- Conditional Fee Agreement, commonly known as a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement.
- Legal Expenses Insurance – as part of your household or car insurance you may have legal expenses cover to help with legal costs
- Trade Union – if you are a member of a trade union they may provide help with some legal issues.
- Public Funding – this is now only available in cases for children with brain (neurological) injuries resulting in severe disability, which arises during pregnancy, childbirth or up to 8 weeks postnatal.
If you don’t have legal expenses insurance or trade union help, your best option is to consider a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement. Even if you do have access to other funding options, a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement may still be the best option for you.
When we discuss your claim in more detail we will tell you if the ‘No Win No Fee’ option is available or if we need to look at the other funding options.
Government changes to how legal costs and funding for personal injury claims will work came into effect on 1 April 2013. These changes mean you will no longer be able to recover all of your legal costs from your opponent. It is likely however that you will still recover the substantial majority of your basic legal costs.
How A ‘No Win No Fee’ Agreement Can Work For You
If after reviewing all of the funding options with you and we recommend that our ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement, in combination with an insurance policy designed to protect you is your best option there is no financial risk to you if you are unsuccessful*.
If you win:
- Your opponent will pay the majority of our basic legal costs and disbursements (e.g. court fees and medical reports)
- If you win, your opponent will not pay:
- The premium for your insurance policy to protect you against any risk of legal costs
- Some of your basic legal costs which cannot be recovered from your opponent
- A ‘success fee’ which compensates us for the risk that we would not recover any legal fees if your claim was unsuccessful
- If you win, you won’t have to pay a penny out of your own pocket until your claim has successfully come to an end
- Any of the costs not paid by your opponent will be deducted from your compensation
- Any disbursements that cannot be recovered from your opponent will be covered by your insurance policy
- There are no hidden costs. We will give you regular updates about the costs being charged to your case and any costs not recovered from your opponent will be deducted from your compensation
- To help you with your legal costs, the Government has ordered a 10% increase in the amount awarded to you for your pain, suffering and loss of amenity
If you lose:
- We can promise you, there is no financial risk to you if your claim is unsuccessful*
- You won’t have to pay anything out of your own pocket whilst your claim is being pursued
- We would make no charge whatsoever to you
- You will be fully covered by your insurance policy for any disbursements
- Your insurance policy protects you from any of your opponent’s legal costs
- There are no hidden costs.
We will do everything we can to protect and support you during your claim and we will keep you updated at all times.
Remember, there is absolutely no financial risk to you or your family if you are unsuccessful.*
Please note: This does not apply to asbestos related diseases and mesothelioma claims which are exempt from the above arrangements.
Go to personal injury compensation
* Subject to entering into a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement in conjunction with our Allianz Litigate insurance policy and complying with your responsibilities under its terms.