For injury cases, the amount of compensation you receive will depend on a number of factors including:
- the seriousness of your injuries, and how they have affected your life
- the extent of your financial losses and expenses (both past and future)
- the applicable law used to determine the value of your claim.
The amount of compensation awarded for pain and suffering varies widely depending upon which country’s laws apply.
In fatal accident cases the amount of compensation for the family and anyone else financially or otherwise dependant on the deceased will depend on a number of factors including:
- the age and income of the deceased
- the extent that others were dependant on the income and services provided by the deceased
- the applicable law used to determine the value of the claim
The amount of compensation awarded for bereavement or moral damages for instance varies widely depending upon which country’s laws apply.
We have many years experience in advising clients about the full and fair level of compensation that they should receive. Where there is a choice of which country’s laws should apply to determine compensation (as there often is in international aviation claims) we will advise you about the best available options.
By using our skills and experience in international law we have been able to recover record levels of compensation for a number of our clients who have been injured and for the families of those who have tragically lost their lives in accidents in foreign countries.