Four-Year-Old Girl Contracts Salmonella After Stay At Beach Club Hotel In Spain

Four-Year-Old Girl Contracts Salmonella After Stay At Beach Club Hotel In Spain

We represented a four-year-old girl, Mollie, who contracted salmonella during a stay at the Beach Club Hotel in Torremolinos, Spain. 

Approximately two days before the end of the holiday, Mollie fell ill with gastric symptoms.  She had almost constant diarrhoea as well as vomiting and stomach cramps. These symptoms continued after her return to the UK.

Whilst at the hotel, her parents, along with holidaymakers who had also suffered similar symptoms, told tour representatives about their concerns, but found them unhelpful at addressing their complaints.

Because of the seriousness of her symptoms, Mollie couldn’t leave her room and enjoy the facilities of the hotel and the beach, ruining her holiday. 

When they arrived home, Mollie’s family visited her GP who took a stool sample which then tested positive for salmonella. Mollie's vomiting was extremely frequent at the start of her illness and she lost her appetite, remaining unwell for just over two months.

We secured over £2,000 in compensation for Mollie, making a claim against the tour operator that had organised the holiday.

Molly’s mum Tina said: “I feel that Irwin Mitchell dealt with Mollie's claim very well because everything was explained to me in layman's terms rather than legal jargon which was extremely useful as I had never used a solicitor before, and they made it easy for me to understand how her claim was being dealt with.

“I was also kept up to date with the progress of Mollie's claim, and was always made aware of what was happening."

For general enquiries

0370 1500 100