Irwin Mitchell’s specialist Personal Injury team has secured £5,500 in compensation for a man who suffered burns at work.
Our client, who was a student at the time of the accident, was asked to clean some equipment using a decarboniser. However, he had not been given an apron or eye protection and had not been provided with suitable and adequate safety training, in breach of the Workplace Regulations.
In the process of loading a large heavy grill piece into an industrial decarboniser, the work equipment gave off a large quantity of steam. Consequently, he dropped the grill and sustained burn injuries when hot liquid from the decarboniser splashed onto his ear, arm, stomach area, and both of his legs.
Our client’s claim was settled for £5,500 and thankfully his burns have gone on to heal well. The defendants were also fined by the HSE for failing to provide the training which could have prevented this incident.
Back to Client Story