Irwin Mitchell recently represented a child who tripped and burned himself at a christening party.
Our client was attending a friend of his parent’s christening party at Whirlowbrook Hall in Sheffield on 7 November 2010, when the incident happened.
The boy was playing with a balloon in one of the venues’ reception rooms when he stumbled on the hearth of a fire place and grasped a hot metal bar that ran along the front of the fireplace as he fell.
As a consequence, the child suffered burns to both his palms and required treatment at Hospital. The burns took approximately over a week to heal and required regular dressings over this period. Fortunately, the boy made a good recovery and has not been left with any visible scars.
Katrina Elsey within the Public Liability department handled the case and ensured Whirlowbrook Hall admitted liability. The client was awarded £2,000 in settlement of the claim.
Back to Client Story