In June 2008 our client's mother purchased a new Candy Oven from Homebase.
The oven was fitted with a new kitchen in the property of the Claimant. In April 2009 our client, who is a child, was baking buns with her mother. Our client's mother had turned the oven off when suddenly the glass which was fitted to the oven door shattered.
The glass shards hit our client causing injuries. The glass of the oven door was found to be faulty (defective product). The client saw a medical expert and the wounds have since healed with no residual scarring.
The incident did cause some psychological upset. The client was awarded £1,200 in an out of court settlement. The Judge approved the award at Court during an infant approval hearing.
Back to Client Story