The UK is the world’s leading centre for international legal services, as well as the sixth biggest economy by gross domestic product (GDP). As the largest full service law firm in the UK, we’re perfectly placed to help you take advantage of the country’s role as a global hub for contentious and non-contentious work.
Our international strategy is straightforward - we are independent and intend to remain so.
International Guidance For UK Businesses
We’re the highest ranking UK law firm without international offices, which means we’re free to work with whoever you choose.
Our team has well established connections with leading independent law firms across the world or we can work alongside your own preferred legal counsel.
We have dedicated groups of lawyers focussing on China, continental Europe, India, North America, the Middle East and North Africa.
Helping Foreign Companies Do Business In The UK
Whatever your English law needs, the depth and scale of our practice gives us the resource to service contentious and non-contentious, private client and business instructions of all sizes, expertly and efficiently.
Working With Independent Law Firms
We believe that our clients’ international needs are best served by close relationships with other leading independent law firms. We support international law firms who don’t have an office in the UK, as well as those who do have a UK office but lack sufficient resources or expertise.
You can trust our advice and you can trust us with your clients.
What We Do
We advise on:
- Banking and finance
- Brand management and intellectual property
- Cross-border litigation
- Employment and pensions
- Equity capital markets
- EU regulations
- Financial crime
- Global sourcing
- Immigration law
- Importing and exporting
- International trade
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Real estate
- Regulatory investigations and enforcement
- Reputational risk
Examples of recent international instructions include advising on:
- the acquisition of a branded manufacturer by an Indian PLC
- the acquisition of an engineering parts distributor in the UK by an Italian purchaser
- the £109m disposal by Tishman Speyer to Almacantar of the Luxembourg SPV holding the headquarters for the Civil Aviation Authority
- the bringing of an Asian airline to the UK and, separately, advising a north African state airline on general English law matters
- internet-related cases such as domain name disputes, website fraud and marketing issues arising out of key word sponsoring across Europe
- the acquisition and equity refinancing of two hotels in Montreal via a series of Jersey limited partnerships (C$80m)
- successfully defended a listed Energy company in UNCITRAL international arbitration in London in a £4m dispute over rig hire fees
- co-counsel in Tel Aviv High Court managing a $14m warranty claim against a UK FTSE 250 company
Our team has also recently advised:
- Redevco on the disposal of its three shopping centres and management businesses in Turkey (€200m)
- a management team in a joint venture with a US pension fund to acquire UK industrial assets (£100m)
- a European property fund in connection with a series of joint ventures to acquire UK shopping centres
- on a large group action for litigation as co-counsel with a Dutch firm
- an international trade association on competition law compliance matters
- a Luxembourg-listed entity on securities laws compliance matters
- an international investment bank on the European Market Infrastructure Regulation
- India & South Asia Legal Services
- Our India Group provides commercial advice for both Indian companies looking to invest outside of India, as well as UK and international companies looking to invest or operate in India.
- India & South Asia Legal Services