What We Do
Our data protection solicitors provide specialist advice to businesses and organisations on a range of matters.
We have experience advising on all types of data protection and freedom of information issues, including:
- Data processor arrangements
- How to deal with complaints made to the Information Commissioners Office, including data breach issues and subject access requests
- Disclosure requirements for subject access requests
- The buying or selling of databases
- Carrying out data protection audits
- Drafting appropriate policy and procedural documentation
- How personal data can be taken offshore in a compliant manner and the contractual framework needed
- Freedom of Information Act requests
Why Choose Our Data Protection Lawyers?
With the regulation of data under increasing scrutiny, organisations can expect tighter rules and higher fines for non-compliance. In this technical area, we provide clear commercial advice that allows you to manage conduct your business effectively, while remaining compliant.
Our specialist team offers a highly responsive service. We can help you with any kind of data protection issue and can turn around work quickly and efficiently, as you require.
Data protection is a fast-moving area of law, with new legislation currently being proposed by Europe. The team can advise you on where the new legislation is currently at and what it could mean for your business.
Recent Data Protection Work
- Advising one of the country’s largest credit reference agencies and innovators in the application of consumer information, in relation to its data protection policies
- Liaising with the Information Commissioner in relation to a data breach issue
- Drafting appropriate documentation to take personal data offshore in an outsourcing arrangement
- Advising on the necessary documentation for the export of data in a cloud computing arrangement
- Advising on how to deal with a complaint to the Information Commissioner on a failure to respond to a subject access request
- Providing ongoing data protection support to a leading provider of learning services
- Advising a company on the management of a number of complaints arising from the use of data in the context of a statutory consultation process