Our environmental lawyers works for developers, land owners, construction companies, manufacturers, banks, local authorities, government agencies and housing associations providing environmental legal advice on a broad range of projects.
The solicitors in our Environmental team have a range of expertise, including:
- Advice on key environmental issues including pollution of land and water, statutory nuisance and health and safety;
- Defending investigations by the Environment Agency and Health and Safety Executive;
- Defending prosecutions by the Environment Agency and Health and Safety Executive;
- Appeals and judicial review.
Recent Environmental Cases and Projects
- Advised a Construction and Demolition company on legal requirements for recycling of ships in England, Wales and Northern Ireland;
- Acted for a Demolition Company regarding a water pollution prosecution by the Environment Agency;
- Acted in the successful defence of a large health and safety prosecution of a senior manager in the mining industry.
"They have a very deep understanding of this type of work and the market; a very good and strong plaintiff's firm." Chambers & Partners, 2014
"David Egan knows what he is doing and how the regulator operates." Legal 500, 2009
"David Egan is a highly experienced practitioner praised for his excellent technical knowledge and reassuring presence." Chambers & Partners, 2011
“David Egan knows what he is doing and how the regulator operates” Legal 500, 2009