Our health and safety lawyers provide support to corporate clients on a wide range of matters.
How We Can Help
We advise on compliance with health and safety regulations and provide training for corporate clients.
Our advisory work includes:
- Advice on compliance with the complex regulatory framework for health and safety
- Expert advice in relation to supply chain contracts
- Ensuring appropriate risk management procedures are in place in any transaction
- Training for corporate clients on risk management, health and safety law updates, RIDDOR and directors’ duties
Investigations and Prosecutions
We provide 24/7 advice following an incident on site and representation throughout the investigation and prosecution process. Our health and safety lawyers can also help you manage any reputational fallout.
Some of the key areas we can help are:
- Conducting a privileged early case assessment of the potential liabilities
- Providing advice in relation to investigations into asbestos, working at height or other serious workplace injuries
- Representing directors, managers and staff at interview under caution
- Guiding you through the investigation process
- Acting for companies and their directors in relation to serious incident investigations
- Acting for corporate clients in relation to Inquests and Coronial Law Proceedings
- Advising clients in relation to Fee For Intervention (where the Health and Safety Executive looks to recover costs for inspections and investigations)
- Reputation management following an investigation and/or prosecution
Recent Health and Safety Experience
- Advising a large construction contractor in relation to a joint investigation by the police and the HSE. This included providing detailed advice in relation to the Fee For Intervention regime and an inquest
- Advising the owner of a large commercial property development in relation to a publically reported inquest
- Advising a medical manufacturer in relation to their risk management procedures in the purchase of a new business