Doing business in the food industry presents many challenges. From single-shop takeaways to international manufacturers, our experienced food safety lawyers provide clear, pragmatic advice.
We help clients experiencing an enforcement action or prosecution, as well as providing advice on compliance with relevant food safety regulations.
Our specialist team provides advice and representation in the following areas:
- Investigations or prosecutions by Environmental Health or Trading Standards
- Improvement Notices, including appeals
- Food Hygiene policies and procedures, ensuring you are compliant with relevant legislation
- Changes to food law in the UK and Europe
- Premises licensing including obtaining liquor licences
How Our Food Safety Lawyers Can Help
Our team has extensive experience providing legal advice to businesses in the food and drink industry.
We have detailed knowledge of the procedures followed in a prosecution by Environmental Health, and can provide expert advice at every stage. This includes:
- Gathering evidence
- Attending an interview under caution
- Providing written statements
- Representing you at Court
After investigation or prosecution by the regulator, we also ensure that a constructive ongoing dialogue is established, so that every possible effort is made to protect the future of your business.
Recent Experience in the Food Industry
- Advising a takeaway restaurant in relation to an investigation under the Food Hygiene (England) Regulations 2006
- Successfully advising a pioneering oriental food manufacturer in relation to questioning under caution, following an investigation under the Food Additives (England) Regulations 2009
- Advising a potato processor in relation to an investigation arising out of the discharge of potato effluent
- Advising high profile restaurant operators on obtaining premises licences to sell alcoholic beverages