In such a fast-moving regulatory landscape, it’s vital businesses keep up with developments in environmental law and regulation. Our environmental lawyers provide advice and training for companies wanting to understand and minimise their liabilities.
If your company is facing an investigation or prosecution from the Environment Agency, we can advise on all aspects of the process. We have defended many businesses from regulatory prosecutions – particularly in the construction, demolition and manufacturing sectors.
How Our Environmental Regulation Solicitors Can Help
We want to help make your projects happen, not provide reasons they shouldn’t.
From ship breaking to fracking, our environmental lawyers will give advice which is practical and free from legal jargon.
Our environmental work includes advice in relation to:
- Breaches of permits, licences and consents
- Defence of companies and individuals following major environmental incidents, including interviews under caution
- Waste (including import/export, waste tipping and illegal dumping)
- Noise and Odour (including abatement notices)
- Water Pollution
- Contaminated Land
- Pollution control and remediation
- Resource conservation
- Appealing notices, suspension/revocation of environmental permits, site closures and injunctions
- Civil sanctions
- Environmental due diligence
- Risk management, policies and procedures
- Judicial review
Recent Environmental Experience
We advised a demolition company regarding a proposed ship breaking operation on compliance with the UK legal framework
- Car Exports
We advised the directors of a car export company being prosecuted by the Environment Agency
- International Petroleum Company
We gave advice regarding the warranties and indemnities needed to manage the potential liabilities under the Contaminated Land regime (and other environmental legislation)