In conjunction with Headway, Irwin Mitchell are holding a FREE full day conference 'Brain Injury – A Practical and Legal Guide to the Consequences of Brain Injury' organised by Headway UK and Irwin Mitchell.
The day will cover a range of interesting topics including:
- Brain injuries and long term problems
- What is Headway, how does it support people and client stories
- DWP benefits, how are the changes working (a senior member of the DWP will be speaking)
- Brain injury compensation claims and their interaction with rehabilitation
- The Mental Capacity Act and practical solutions to every day problems
- Deprivation of Liberty (DOLS) – current law and practical case studies
- A family’s Journey through brain injury - a practical perspective.
The day will conclude with a short drinks reception for those that are able to join us.
Who should attend?
The conference will be of interest to health professionals, social services, case managers, support workers or anyone else working or interested in working in brain injury.
All places must be reserved prior to the day. To confirm your attendance please register your attendance online or email Ellie Szunko by Friday 31 October 2014.