Irwin Mitchell became one of the first Legal Disciplinary Partnerships (LDP) in May 2010, allowing non-solicitors to become Equity Partners for the first time. In May 2011, we implemented a new two-tier management structure for our business, creating a holding company, IMCO Holdings Ltd. Our equity partners became shareholders of this new company as well as remaining as members of Irwin Mitchell.
The IMCO Board
The IMCO Board consists of:
In August 2012, Irwin Mitchell became one of the first Alternative Business Structures (ABS) and the first to receive multiple licenses when it was granted five ABS licenses for:
- Irwin Mitchell LLP
- Ascent Collections Ltd, which offers field agency and debt collection services
- Coris UK Ltd, which offers international assistance and insurance claims handling services
- Irwin Mitchell Trustees Ltd, which accepts appointments as a trustee, executor and estate administrators
- Irwin Mitchell Trust Corporation Ltd, which accepts appointments to act as Deputy from the Court of Protection
Below IMCO in a two-tier structure is Irwin Mitchell LLP, the main business through which we operate, along with CORIS, Ascent and a further subsidiary IM Asset Management, which is regulated by the FCA. Irwin Mitchell Scotland LLP handles all of our Scottish business.
As the main business in our group, Irwin Mitchell LLP is composed of two divisions: Personal Legal Services and Business Legal Services.
- All of our private client work is handled by our Personal Legal Services division. This area includes areas of law such as Personal Injury; our Motor division; our national Family law practice; our Court of Protection team; Contentious Probate services; Conveyancing and Wills, Trust and Probate teams; and our Public Law experts
- The work we do for businesses is done in our rapidly expanding Business Legal Services division. This area includes our Real Estate teams; Corporate and Commercial expertise; our Commercial Litigation department; our national Employment team; our Debt Recovery practice; Insolvency teams and our Regulatory and Compliance Group (RCG).